Wednesday, January 6, 2010

31 weeks and a stubborn baby

So today marks 31 weeks! I've officially started nesting... its really odd. Up until now I have had no interest in cleaning/organizing. The only thing I was interested in was sitting myself on the couch and watching DVDs or laying in bed reading. Now however when I see a mess I have a desire to clean it up, its driving me crazy that the baby's room is a mess, and all I want to do is clean and organize! Its weird... the past 2 nights i've even laid my clothes out for work the next day, something I NEVER do! I really enjoy blinding reaching into drawers in the dark and figuring out what clothing is by texture. ;)

I had my 31 week appointment today. Only a 2lb gain in 2 weeks... WAHOO! Go me! Now if I can keep this up it means i should only gain about 8 more pounds. Still will put me at a 50lb weight gain... but enhh... i'll live! My glucose test came back normal, so I can continue to eat chocolate and cookies guilt free. Even better news. =)

I don't know if I have mentioned before, but this baby HATES the dopplar. Every appointment he moves away from it. Half the time the midwife has given up and just guesstimated. Today was the worst one yet... the midwife tried for a good 5 minutes before just getting the placenta rate and calling it a day. He was squirming, kicking, everything to stay as far away from that thing as possible. The midwife was pressing in different directions trying to get him to cooperate... nope! No dice! At the end the midwife said "At least we know hes okay in there, doing all that squirming around".

So far I really do love my birthing center... my only complaint is the woman at the front desk. Half the time she has this weird attitude and whenever you say something or ask something its such a big hassle. Today after my appointment I handed her the paperwork and she goes "do you need another appointment?". Umm, i'm pregnant... yes, i need another appointment... you should know this as you have my file at the front desk when I check in.

So my dull pregnancy continues to be dull (knock on wood!). Baby is head down, blood pressure good, baby heart rate good, no gestational diabetes... is it wrong that i'm waiting for the other shoe to drop?

No comments:

Post a Comment