Saturday, January 16, 2010

Not quite as easy as it once was...

Since being pregnant I have really tried to be good about exercise. During the 1T it was pretty impossible due to nausea so once I started to feel better I got back into the swing of going to the gym twice a week. Then the holidays hit, and between shopping and preparing my gym time was pretty limited. Now I am ready to get back to going regularly and... my gym clothes don't fit!! I absolutely refuse to buy anything new, so I guess no more gym for me. However I am still going to try and do exercise. Yesterday was a nice day out (high 40s!) so I decided to go for a walk after work. The city I work in is a planned community type place and is actually the same place I grew up in so I am very familiar with the area. Part of the idea of the planned community was areas where people could walk so there are tons of paths that you take through slightly forested areas to get... well, everywhere! There are also 3 man made lakes with paths around them. The distance ranges from 1 to 3 miles, depending on which lake you visit. I decided yesterday to do the easier 1 mile lake close to my job. Well, it used to be easy.

It wasn't long before I realized that being 8 months pregnant really slows you down! I was happily waddling along, listening to my ipod when I realized that even the senior citizens were walking faster then me! Then about half way around I realized I kind of needed to pee... except of course there is no where to pee! 3/4s of the way around my back and hips started aching and I almost gave in and sat down on a bench, but I knew if I sat down i'd never get back up again. I have never been so exhausted from what was once a simple walk! I can say however that I slept better last night then I have in weeks (minus the VERY strange nightmare). I didn't ache as much and I didn't have a two hour stretch where I didn't sleep.

I am also nesting in full force and its driving me crazy. The part thats driving me crazy is its not consistent! Its weird things that are setting me off! Example: Earlier this week after work I was making dinner and I suddenly had to clean and organize 3 drawers in the kitchen... so while dinner cooked i cleaned and organized! I also can't stand having things just laying around the kitchen so it looks messy... I am always tidying up and moving things around. That being said my computer room is slowly turning into a mess and it doesn't bother me at all! Its also driving me crazy how messy the baby's room still is and I am itching to get it finished. I am also organizing things one way and then suddenly I come up with an even better way to arrange things so I have to go in and move things around again! I guess I should enjoy this crazy organizing motivation while it lasts right?

No comments:

Post a Comment