Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baby Shopping!

Today I decided to go to Target and get some of the "must have" baby items crossed off my list. I had a target giftcard plus a visa giftcard to use. The thing is even though I got half of the things on my list I ended up adding even more things I hadn't even thought of! Go figure! I have to admit it was a little overwhelming to stand in the baby isle staring at so many different brands and kinds of everything! In some cases I knew what I wanted, but in others I just stood there wondering "well, what's the difference?" Simple things like baby shampoo and lotion and bath stuff... there are so many different kinds and brands!

My nesting urge from the other week has disappeared for the moment and I am now just exhausted. I see things to be done but I feel so tired I don't want to do them. I think i'm just overwhelmed by what I want to get done before the baby comes. I need to sit and think about what really needs to get done and what doesn't. I think in my mind there are things I want to get done that i really don't need to do... such as reorganize my computer room.

Tomorrow night is my dress rehearsal at the birthing center... its scary to think that in 2 1/2 weeks i'll technically be full term! I'm so not ready for this guy to be born in 2 1/2 weeks!!

1 comment:

  1. Emma, I know exactly what you mean about having so many things on your "to-do" list that it's overwhelming. What worked best for me was to make a list and prioritize them as to what I wanted/needed done most and go from there down the list. (One thing I did and I'm SOOOOOO glad we did it was to make meals for the 6 weeks after delivery. It's a big project but it was well worth it. Had we not done it we would have eneded up eating take-out or frozen pizza every night because Will's colic was so bad I wasn't even thinking of cooking!)

    I also remember what it was like to stand in the baby aisle and be at a loss as to which brand I wanted for what. I'll give you a little of what I learned by trial & error and some research. The Gerber onsies are cheaper but they are also MUCH thinner and cheaper quality than the Circo (Target brand), Child of Mine and Just One Year (both of these are made by Carter and sold at Wal-Mart and Target) brands!

    When it comes to the bath supplies thing I chose California Baby brand because it has no bad chemicals in it. Johnson & Johnson, however, has a numbing agent in it so that it can claim "no tears". That was something I did NOT want on my baby! I hope this small amount of information helps you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete