Monday, February 1, 2010

Dress Rehearsal

So tonight we had the dress rehearsal at the birthing center. In a nutshell we go and sit and listen to them tell us all the do's and don'ts. It was a room filled with lots of pregnant women at their partners listening to one of the midwives go over everything. It was scheduled for 2 hours but thankfully only took about 1. I have to admit I was falling asleep by the time it started, so by the time it ended I was really exhausted!

They went over a lot of things I already knew, and some I didn't. They went over the reasons for a transfer but assured us that the transfer rate was quite small. They gave out advice on what to bring to eat during and after labor. They also went over what to expect while you are laboring. In a nutshell they'll let you do pretty much what you want. They keep an eye on you and how things are progressing, but you aren't forced in one position.

Afterwards we all went and looked at the rooms so we could decide if there was one we liked more then the others. They are all a little different looking. 2 of the 3 rooms were VERY floral, not something I really liked. I think most of the time they only have one person at a time in labor, so you can pretty much choose what room you want. Originally I was thinking of possibly renting a birthing tub for a water birth, however after more consideration I've decided to just take advantage of the jacuzzi tubs. I am one of those people who gets nauseated sitting in warm water so I have a feeling i'd sit in the birthing tub for 10 minutes and be done. I can sit in a jacuzzi tub instead of renting a large birthing pool!

I feel more excited now... like this is real. I was talking with my husband at dinner and I kept saying "Eiriks room" and he said "You're talking like he's already here" and I realized thats the first time i've really done that. Until now its always been "the baby" but now its Eirik. Just a few more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment