Saturday, February 13, 2010

What was I thinking??

Last night the 2am insomnia hit. For some reason at least twice a week I wake up at 2am and can't get back to sleep till at least 3. Of course this lovely period is when my brain is wide awake and all sorts of thoughts go through my head. Last night all of a sudden I realized that on Wednesday I am full term. I know this doesn't mean anything because babies come when they are ready... but full term means that it could happen at ANY time.

This lead me to the panic of all the stuff I still have to do! I haven't installed the carseat. I was going to, but thanks to all this lovely snow it still hasn't occurred. I need to order more sheets for the cosleeper something I kept telling myself I had "tons of time to do". I haven't even thought about packing a bag for the birthing center yet. I know I don't need to take too much with me, but I should have least have some things together. I don't have nursing bras or thick overnight pads to wear.

This then lead me to the panic of how am I going to take care of a baby! I sat in bed last night freaking out because I don't know anything about babies. I've had this freak out before but it was when I had more time. Now all of a sudden I realize very soon I'm going to have an infant. Its not "months away". We're down to weeks... potentially days!

Needless to say I have spent my morning making lists of things that I need to buy and do. All those things that months ago I put off because "i had time" are now suddenly becoming more urgent. And to top things off I still can't really get out of my street thanks to the lovely snow. Its usable but not very good... the snow potholes make it feel like you are driving off road! And let me tell you going over all those snow potholes with a baby pressing on your bladder is the most uncomfortable thing in the entire world.

All I keep thinking to myself this morning is where did the past 8 months go??

1 comment:

  1. It's the final countdown! *sung in my best Europe impression*

    =D I am so happy and excited for you! Don't worry; you are going to be a great mom! I have heard things just come naturally.

    ReplyDelete