Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blizzard Number 2!

As I said last night we are currently dealing with blizzard number 2! It started last night and this morning didn't look too bad, but throughout the day the situation has deteriorated. The original total snow estimates were 10 - 20 inches, but apparently this lovely storm has gotten stuck and we are now expecting 20 - 30!! I now officially have a downed powerline across my backyard and two of my neighbors back awnings have just collapsed under the weight of the snow and ice. I am keeping everything crossed that mine stays up! My husband is outside now attempting to get some snow off of it. 

Here are a few photos of the snow. 
The front of my house:

IMG_0924

The back:

IMG_0914

A stuck salt/plow truck:

IMG_0928

And lastly the chocolate chip coffee cake I decided to make today. =) 

IMG_0930

2 comments:

  1. WOW, that is a good sized storm!!! Hope you are staying warm. That chocolate chip coffee cake looks delectable =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, the unbelieveable amounts of snow ... and it just keeps gettin' worse and worse! I can't believe we're going to get more on Monday! Aargh!

    That coffee cake looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete