Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowed In!

So it seems that the worst case synario snowfall they predicted was spot on correct! It didn't start quite as early as they said, but when all is said and done I have a feeling the snow totals will be about 30 inches! I don't know exactly how much is at my house, but according to the official precipitation totals for places nearby its anywhere from 25 - 30inches. WOW. The best part is I don't have to shovel! I do feel bad for my husband having to do it all though as we don't have a real snow shovel. He's been out there for a few hours now trying to get the front walkway done. So, here are a few photos of the snow!


First up my car, totally buried!


IMG_0891


Next my husband taking a break from shoveling. You can really see how high the snow is! 


IMG_0900


This is how my cats spent the day... 


IMG_0877


I however spent the day much more productively! I cleaned, went through some old VHS and cassettes that need to be given/thrown away, and then I cleaned up Eirik's room some more! Yes, his room is looking more and more like a room and less like a catch all for baby things!


IMG_0902


IMG_0910


IMG_0908


As you can see the crib is still being used as a catch all for everything. The crib wall is also bare because its brick and very tough to nail anything into. I am going to get a vinyl tree decal to hang there! I've also got curtains that will get hung up (the nasty blinds from previous photos are long gone!). 


I know this post is getting long (even though its mostly photos!) but before I stop I had a realization the other night. As much as I know Eirik is doing great and everything looks wonderful i'm still holding back in a sense bonding to him. He's there, and I LOVE feeling him kick and move, but I feel like the bonding most women do with their baby before birth I haven't been doing. I think part of it is this still feels very unreal and the other part is i'm afraid to get attached to him in case something happens. Am I crazy?? Really, at 35 weeks pregnant I am still acting like I did in the 1T. As much as I tell myself i'm more relaxed now the only reason is because I am still not going to believe everything is okay until he's born and in my arms. I feel crazy! I feel like I should be enjoying this time bonding with Eirik while he's still in there... but instead when I do I worry about him. So rather then worry I distract myself with things like work deadlines and cleaning. I am determined to stop doing that and spend the next few weeks trying to really relax more. I just know i'll feel so much better when he's really here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment