Thursday, February 11, 2010

Who Turned Up The Heat??

I am a freakishly cold person. Ask my husband! I am the person wearing layers of clothing, the person who has a hot water bottle to take to bed, the person who always has cold feet. I love blankets and sleep with tons on the bed. I wear a sweater or jacket at work year round because in winter its just cold and in summer the AC is up so high that i freeze. Everyone told me "Once you're pregnant you'll be warm". Even the doctors told me that! Well, up until about a week ago I would have laughed at them. Warm? I was still freezing! I was curled up at night under layers of blankets hugging my hot water bottle (no electric blanket use when pregnant!). 

The past week however that warm thing has really kicked in. Sure, i'm still chilly at work... but at night I am finding myself sleeping under only a sheet! And no, my house is not that warm. I keep the heat turned down pretty low to save on oil. Even my husband noticed that i was sleeping under less covers (or sometimes no covers!). I can't imagine dealing with the sweltering summer heat and humidity while being this pregnant if i'm feeling warm in the middle of winter! 

Speaking of winter, I am ready for it to be over. As you saw from yesterdays photos the snow hit us hard. Thankfully today it started to melt, however the roads are a mess! I'm sure the main roads are looking okay, but the side roads (like mine) are horrible. They are calling for more snow on Monday too... i am really hoping they are wrong! I do enjoy the snow... really. But Baltimore is not equipped to deal with snow on this level! On average we get about 18inches a winter... this winter we've had 75!! This week alone its been 55 or so. I've been stuck in the house for 2 days and am starting to go stir crazy! I'm hoping the roads are better this weekend... i just need to get out of my house! 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy some of that warmth. I'm always freakishly cold too and was hoping for the warm pregnancy...so far no go. You give me hope that it still might kick in!

    Hope the snow decides to skip around you on Monday and you can get out and enjoy some time away from the house this weekend =)

    ReplyDelete