Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cats Vs Cosleeper... Day 1

So we have a cosleeper mini bassinet for the bedroom. Originally my thought was to kick the cats out of the bedroom completely so that I didn't have to worry about the cats snuggling up next to the baby. Many people say cats avoid babies, but i've got some really snuggly cats! Then I discovered that there was a canopy you can buy and put overtop of the cosleeper! Downside is that you can't attach the cosleeper to the bed, however upside is cats can stay in the room! What can I say... i'm a sap and my cats have been my babies for so long...

So yesterday I set up said cosleeper and put the canopy over it. Of course before I got the canopy over the top they were fighting each other to sleep in it, but after the canopy went up they ignored it. Fast forward to last night when I wake up to pee and see my cat clinging to the side of the canopy! Of course I move it, scold it, and go back to sleep. Next time I wake up i see my other cat in the cosleeper. It took a minute for my brain to figure out he jumped onto the canopy which couldn't support his weight so it buckled. WONDERFUL. Thankfully the canopy part wasn't broken and sprung back into its normal position once I had removed said cat.

As if thats not bad enough they have all decided to scratch on it! So today I went to petco to try and find a natural spray to deter them and found nothing! Go figure! So now I am on the hunt for natural cat deterrents so I can use those and see if that keeps them off. I'm hoping they'll just get bored of the cosleeper and start ignoring it... i can hope right?

No comments:

Post a Comment