Monday, November 29, 2010

8 Months!

IMG_4932

Thats right, somehow Eirik is now 8 months old!

In the past month hes mastered crawling and standing. He now pulls up on EVERYTHING and wants to play with everything he's not supposed to! He's even started to take a few tentative steps while holding on to things. The other big thing I have really noticed is now when I say his name he instantly turns his head! Before it was hit or miss, but now the second I say "Eirik" he turns and looks at me and usually gives me a large grin. I also have obviously been taking too many pictures of him because the second he sees the camera come out and aim at him he gets a huge cheesy smile.

He has 2 teeth now officially. I can't get a good picture of them because the little stinker loves to stick his tongue out at me! Foodwise we are still trying new things and reoffering old ones that he didn't take to at first. He still hasn't quite mastered the pincher grip so our food offerings are still a bit limited to things he can grab. I did buy some of those puffs and while he couldn't pick them up himself he quite enjoyed me feeding them to him!

I have to say here I think we are also doing better with sleep! Some nights are better then others, but we haven't had the night time battles like before in a LONG time. I think it helps that we are more focused on getting his naps in the day. He does still get up about every 2 - 3 hours at night... but honestly it seems like thats sort of normal for a breastfed baby of his age. I'm going to do another formal sleep log in a week or so... it'll be interesting to compare it to the last one! We have tried to attach him to a lovey but he has shown absolutely no interest in that what soever. I'm still trying though!

And just because no day is complete without baby laughter, here is a short video. Why he finds this toy so funny I still don't understand!

2 comments:

  1. cute laugh! I'm with you on the sleep situation. My little one will sleep for a few hours that first stretch then it's up every 2-3 hours. You're taking it better than me though! I am a grump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so flippen adorable, love that laugh! I can't believe the changes in the last month, he has super new skills =) Happy the sleep is getting better. How is the b/f going now that he has teeth???

    ReplyDelete