Sunday, November 14, 2010

From 0 to 60!

Holy crap babies master this crawling thing quick! Just days ago I could put Eirik down and he would stay there... now the second he hits the floor he's all over the place! Needless to say this weekend has been spent rushing around moving objects out of his way and doing a serious round of baby proofing. Things I didn't think he could reach I suddenly found myself pushing out of his grasp! Its not just the crawling, its the standing too! He wants to pull up and stand on EVERYTHING. Of course this standing means he can reach things that I assumed he couldn't!

For example... he can now play the piano!

IMG_4778

Other then that we've actually had a very busy weekend! Yesterday we went to Ikea where I saw tons of items I wanted to purchase but didn't need. I often forget how much I love Ikea until I go there! Sometimes I wish I could get my house remade into an Ikea house... organization and all! The models are so amazingly organized... i want my house like that! Today Eirik and I went shopping. I had lots of coupons and we have an outlet mall near us so off we went. Of course silly me didn't check the opening time and I showed up almost an hour early! Eirik and I power walked around the mall twice (its a mile around) and then got some starbucks while waiting for the stores to open. I got some much needed winter clothing (none of my pre pregnancy shirts fit still thanks to my larger chest size) and Eirik got an adorable hat.

IMG_4763


I've rambled on enough for today. Tomorrow I have a food update! But i'll leave you with an amusing story, pictures included. This afternoon I was playing with Eirik and brushing his hair. He decided he wanted to hold the brush AKA eat it:

IMG_4766

When he realized it wasn't tasty he decided to try adn play with it. The face he made whenever he touched the bristles was hysterical!

IMG_4769

I was laughing so hard at him he ended up laughing too.

IMG_4770

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe how fast the crawling turned into pulling up and getting into things at piano height! He's so adorable, I love the bristle face =) And his hat was a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is really adorable:) And I can just imagine all the trouble he can get into now that he is so good at crawling!

    ReplyDelete