Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Another Favorite Food!

So we have discovered a new favorite food... Hummus!! I was inspired by other baby led solid blogs and thought "hummus on toast, why not?". I have to add here I LOVE hummus. I could eat it with a spoon! My husband however HATES hummus with a passion. After I eat it he always makes a comment of some sort! While I know hummus is easy to make I typically buy mine because I don't have a good food processor to make it with. The hummus in the house at the moment is trader joes. I actually looked through all their various flavors (they have a LOT of hummus!) to find the one with the least extra stuff in it. Well, it was a hit!

IMG_4611

We've done it twice more... and now he just licks the hummus off the toast as opposed to eating the toast! Its really amusing to watch. My husband of course just rolled his eyes when I said I was giving him hummus. The fact he enjoys hummus has also motivated me to make foods with seasoning and give it to him!

In other food news I think we have hit sort of a wall with solids. he likes food, but dinner is rough because he's tired and grumpy and gets frustrated with his food. I think I am going to start having my husband offer him food for lunch as well. I know he doesn't need the food right now for nutrition (I actually saw a chart somewhere on how much nutrition babies need from solids before 1 year... its not a lot!) but I want him to get more used to eating food. So, next week we're going to do lunch and dinner every day! Right now he only gets lunch and dinner on the weekends.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm a hummus lover too and my DH doesn't like it. I wouldn't have thought babies would like it but hey, I'm a newbie =) I bet seeing him lick it off the toast is hillarious. Happy Eirik has a new love, GL with the lunch and dinner plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh so with you on the grumpy at dinner! I'm trying to find things that just keep her busy while I shovel my food down. I will have to try hummuus! My DH LOVES it so he'll be happy too! great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find this hilarious and awesome. Go Eirik!

    ReplyDelete