Wednesday, December 29, 2010

9 Months!

Somehow my little man has turned 9 months old! How did that happen again and where is the pause button???

As I was sitting this evening putting Eirik to bed, I noticed that slowly he has been loosing that infant look and it is being replaced by a toddler look... my baby is growing up!

IMG_5212

I have to try and weigh and measure him this weekend. I know that he's getting sort of snug in some of his 12 - 18 month clothes depending on the brand. In one piece things and some sleepers he's in the 18 - 24month however in pants and shirts he's still in 12 - 18 months most of the time.I've been slowly moving over his wardrobe as thing gets snug, especially since for Christmas he got a bunch of 18 - 24 month clothes!

Nothing big in the way of new skills this month. He's a speed crawler now and has discovered... the stairs. We try and keep him distracted from them but if we aren't paying attention he makes a beeline for them! He hasn't figured out how to climb them... yet. He cruises on anything he can pull up on and will push objects around the room! He's not standing on his own yet though so I think i've got a little longer before he figures out walking. On the talking front i'm 99% sure we're saying dada and knowing its dada so in my mind thats his first official word. There are times when he's seen my husband and gone "dada". However he also just generally babbles dadadada... This month we've been getting mamama and bababa babbelings too! He also says something that sounds like kitty sometimes... i'm thinking that may be word number 2!

On the food front we're sort of in a weird place. I think he wants to eat food but he gets frustrated trying to eat it. We're doing the self led solids so he's always been finger fed which is okay, however he still doesn't have a great pincher grasp. For example tonight he was trying to eat peas and while he wanted to eat them he had issues getting them in his mouth so he gave up. He gets frustrated easily when he's tired so dinner is typically his worst meal of the day because he has no patience to eat the food. At this point I'm pretty much giving him just about everything, even some foods on the "no" list because we have no family history of allergies and so far he's not shown any signs of allergies. We haven't done anything peanut yet, no shellfish, and no citrus. But pretty much whatever we eat for dinner he eats too!

He's still very much a boob man though. I'm still pumping twice a day at work which is covering what he takes in a day and still allows me a little extra usually. I did have a large supply drop about a month ago because my body is attempting to figure itself out. I had a few really low output days and even now i've rebounded i'm not pumping as much as I was before. I had thought about stopping pumping at a year but now i'm considering going longer but just pumping once a day. But, that's a more in depth post for another day.

Sleep? yea... about that sleep thing... we have our good nights and our bad nights... and then we have our "mommy is going to go get a hotel room and sleep all day instead of going to work" nights (no, i haven't really done this). I have to admit that things have gotten better. He is in a pretty good nap routine at the moment and is typically taking 2 1 1/2 - 2 hour naps! We also have a great bedtime routine now... we are starting bedtime at 6:30 and I would say about 90% of the time there is no fight getting him to sleep. He has a bath, a story, he eats, and then we'll rock until he's asleep. After that its hit or miss as to when he wakes up again. On good nights we are up 4 times a night total, on bad nights its 6 or 7 however most of those are early in the night. Some nights he sleeps in his crib, some nights its our bed, but most nights its a combo. Honestly we go with whatever works. We put him in his crib to start and the typically after 11 he's in bed with us and then sometimes at 4 or 5 am if he doesn't resettle and trys to play we move him back to his crib.

I really can't believe how quickly he's growing up and changing. Each day he seems to do something new, even if its just something as simple as figure out a toy!

I guess now I had better start thinking about his birthday! I'm not quite ready to do that yet...

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, I understand the bad nights thing. I've solved Noah's problem now, but it wasn't so long ago that we were like you guys. A good night was up 4 or 5 times a night, which is NOT a good night!

    Hoping things improve for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow and change?!?! He's adorable as always. Happy he's doing so good and the sleep is improving. Hopefully it improves even more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 9 months! Eirik's officially been out of your tummy as long as he was in ;). He's getting to be such a big boy - I'm catching up on all of your posts. The eating sounds like it's going great and I really hope the sleeping gets even better soon - you're saint for calling 4 times a night "the good nights"! Haha.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete