Sunday, December 26, 2010

Let The Biting Begin...

Its official, Eirik has started to bite me. Until now I think he would, but it wasn't enough that I noticed. Well, the top two teeth are on their way in and the biting is out of control! I had hoped maybe he wouldn't be a biter... so much for that dream! Thankfully so far he hasn't actually hurt me too badly. I am doing the unlatch and a stern NO when he bites in hopes he will quickly realize that biting is NOT okay. He gets a very upset look on his face when I do this... he doesn't cry but you can see him processing. Here's hoping he gets the hint soon!!

3 comments:

  1. Noah has been a biter in the past, but doesn't do much of it now. I do the removal and a stern "No" when he gets in a biting phase, and it seems to work quickly. It sounds like you're on the right track if he's looking all upset when you reprimand him. Good luck to you and your nipples!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been going through the same thing Emma!!! I've been through this with her already. Before it was just her gums but now she has 4 teeth plus a 5th half way down. The pain is unbelievable! One moment I'm all relaxed & daydreaming and the next I'm getting bitten. Cassidy bites down and then pulls back. I also do the no and unlatch but she's not getting the hint. I don't know how much more I can take. Good luck with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I did the unlatch and "No bite" thing and it appears to have worked. Hope it does the same for you.

    ReplyDelete