Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas today! If you don't celebrate Christmas I hope you enjoyed whatever it is you did instead. =)

Before we get to what I know you all want to see, cute pictures, I'm just going to take a moment to reflect.

It was Christmas day 2007 when my husband and I for the first time tried to have a baby. It was that special night that you suddenly go "no more preventing". At the time I had dreams in my mid of being pregnant by spring and having a baby by Christmas of 2008. Well, as we know that isn't the way life played out and it wasn't until the middle of 2009 that I actually became pregnant. Today watching Eirik enjoy his first Christmas brought back memories of so long ago. It made me remember just how far I've come. The road I traveled to get here was emotionally exhausting and draining. This Christmas I am so thankful for my little man. His smiles make my roughest days better and seeing the simple joy he gets out of things brings a smile to my face.

And now, on to the pictures.

He quickly discovered gifts that were for him! Note the cat keeping a close eye on things.

IMG_5098

Showing daddy the gift he made. Its an ornament with a handprint in the middle!

IMG_5128

My cats as usual enjoyed the empty boxes

IMG_5136

Big Christmas Smiles!

IMG_5147

My parents sent him a chocolate santa clause.  His first taste of chocolate!

IMG_5162

To say he liked it would be an understatement....

IMG_5172


At the end of the day however he was quite an exhausted little man...

IMG_5183

Overall I think he found the entire experience quite overwhelming. My father in law, his girlfriend, and my brother came over and at first he was not a happy little guy. While he did enjoy his new toys (we tried to limit ourself but of course my brother and father in law got him toys so we're going to have to reorganize the toys a bit) it was all a lot for him to take in. He didn't nap well either today which made things more difficult. Those top 2 teeth are on their way in (I think they may have actually cut through) so he was a grumpy little man from that too.

Mommy had a good Christmas however! She got a new wii game (on my list of things to do after this!) DVDs, kitchen stuff, LOTS of yummy things to eat and drink, and a Kindle! Needless to say I am now surfing the web trying to find things to read. Anyone have any good advice??

So, as I said before, I hope you all had a wonderful day! I am now off to eat another Christmas cookie and play with my Wii!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, that chocolate face is too adorable! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's such a cutie pie! Sorry his teeth are bugging him. Looks like you have a choc-o-holic on your hands my friend =)

    I haven't had much time to read but I always find the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich (sp?) super funny and very easy to breeze through.

    ReplyDelete