Friday, December 31, 2010

I don't want to say this too loudly...

but i'm getting SLEEP!! OH MY GOD SLEEP!!

The first night I swore it was a fluke. He went down at 6:30, woke up at 8:30, then didn't wake up again till after 11! Then again at 4... then not again until 7! It was a fluke... it HAD to be a fluke. Then the next night was the same... up at 8:30, then 11, then 5, then 6:30 (I woke him up when I got up for work), then he went back to sleep until 7:30. At this point I was getting hopeful... excited almost! But surely, surely there would not be a third night in a row.

But there was!!

Thats right folks, for 3 nights in a row i've only had to get up twice! 11ish and 4ish. He's also been sleeping in his bed ALL night! I get up and feed him and put him back to bed! Sometimes if he wakes up and fusses my husband goes in to rock him back to sleep... but that typically only takes about 10 minutes.

What changed? NOTHING! I have NO idea why now all of a sudden he's sleeping! But he is... and I have to say I feel like a new person! This morning when my alarm went off at 6am I was not in a half asleep stupor hitting the snooze button for almost an hour. I actually got out of bed... had a showre... and didn't feel the strong urge to drink coffee!

PLEASE let this trend continue! PLEASE!!!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe being on a better sleep schedule (and therefore letting his mommy sleep, too) is Eirik's first New Years resolution! ;) Anyway, great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for more sleep! I hope it continues to get better & better! What a wonderful way to ring in the new year! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful new development!!! You must feel like a new woman....bring on 2011, the year of good sleep =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my girl, I feel so bad for you! Hopefully Eirik keeps moving in the right direction and you can maybe get up only ONCE a night (I think nursing once a night is completely reasonable at our babies' age).

    ReplyDelete