Wednesday, December 8, 2010

More Food Progress!!

So for a while there I really felt stuck with food... I wasn't sure what to feed Eirik because he hasn't really developed a good pincher grip. I also felt that even though I was offering food he wasn't really eating it most of the time! Being paranoid I started to become worried he wasn't eating enough! The downside to doing the baby led solids approach is you have no measure of how much they are actually consuming! Then I came across information that made me realize I was completely over thinking this whole solids thing.  Hes still getting most of his nutrition from milk so its not a huge deal if some days he hardly touches his food!

Suddenly this week however I've gone all in about feeding him. Almost nothing is off limits!! I've also been really making sure my husband gives him something to eat for lunch. Dinner we always do but lunch has been hit or miss. Last night Eirik had pasta and a little sauce for dinner and he really enjoyed it! I was surprised! I'm not sure he ate much of the pasta but he did suck the sauce off his fingers. Tonight we did potato, brussel sprouts, chicken, and broccoli. He tasted a little of each but honestly didn't think much of any of it. I have to admit its really nice just plonking food that I am eating down in front of him and watching him eat! So far i've been really surprised by what he seems to like. The other night we had spinach and he really seemed to enjoy it!

Eirik is also getting better with actually picking up food and eating it. At first of course he played with it more but now hes realized that when I put food in front of him its for eating. Some foods are easier to pick up then others... but he is doing really well. I've also started to learn what his "i'm done" ques are.

Who knew food could be so much fun??

3 comments:

  1. I plan on doing BLW, so I love hearing about your various adventures with it! Keep the updates coming! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right...most of his nutrition is from milk still so whatever he does eat is great. Out of curiosity, what are his "I'm done" ques?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He picks up the food and instead of trying to eat it he just starts waiving it about... same goes for his sippy cup. Once that starts getting thrown on the ground I know he's done!

    ReplyDelete