Monday, December 20, 2010

Its Begining To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Ah Christmas... only a few short days away! This year has been exceptionally hectic for me, trying to squeeze everything in during Eirik's naps or when my husband is home! Where as before I could just do my christmas shopping after work without a care in the world this year I had to plan in advance on days when I could stay out a little later. Needless to say a lot more shopping was done online this year! Baking too proved to be more time consuming then planned. I didn't get all the cookies I wanted made because I simply ran out of time. Some may think i'm a little insane to try and bake cookies, but I really do enjoy baking and its an easy gift for my husbands students.

This weekend we finally got the house completely decorated and the tree purchased. I love live trees. I would really love to go cut one down but due to time constraints we instead went down the road and purchased one. Maybe next year! Eirik has completely ignored the tree much to my relief. I had images of him trying to pull it over. No, he still thinks that the cats and the coffee table are much more interesting!

Of course after we got the tree up I had to dress Eirik up and take some photos of him under it. Sadly the camera battery died only minutes after I got him in place and of course all the batteries need to be charged... but I did get a few cute ones.

IMG_5047

IMG_5048

Now off to finish writing Christmas cards and MAYBE start wrapping gifts. I haven't wrapped a single one yet!

4 comments:

  1. I am jealous about the Christmas baking. I love to bake too but have not had the time. It is a good thing not having them this year though as I am still trying to lose some baby/if weight...lol. We are going to my inlaws for Christmas and she always has a lot of goodies though!

    Such cute pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm usually 100% ready for Christmas WEEKS ahead of time, but I still don't have anyone's presents ready and it's the 21st!! I'm getting nervous. But it's very hard to go shopping when you have a baby and live 25 minutes away from the shopping, there was a giant snow storm and a state of emergency in your area the week beforehand, then when that was over you had the stomach flu and were in bed for 5 days... you get the picture. MUST FINISH though.

    You're lucky Eirik isn't interested in the tree. We don't have one up because everytime we're near one somewhere else Noah is OBSESSED with it! It makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's such a cute little man in his santa suit!!! Getting ready for the holiday with a little one is a new experience for sure. Congrats on finishing almost everything =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a pretty little boy! he reminds me so much of Josh-what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete