Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The hardest part of being pregnant...

So overall pregnancy isn't exactly fun... but its not horrible and something i'm going to sit and complain about. Sure, my hormones are all over the place and every day a new and weird pregnancy side effect pops up, but in the long run its totally worth it. Did the nausea suck? Sure it did...  but I am so lucky and blessed to be pregnant right now that I really can't complain about that. Every time I feel myself getting that "oh I wish i didn't have to deal with this" feeling i remind myself how many people would trade places with me in a heartbeat and how so lucky I am and it really helps. But there is one thing I can say is hard for me... not being able to do things i used to be able to do.

I'm not talking about drinking alcohol or eating sushi or taking airborne when i'm getting a cold. I'm talking about going to the grocery store and grabbing a basket or rolling over in the middle of the night. I really am a pretty independent person... i like being able to do things myself. I am the person who goes to the grocery store and comes home and slings as many bags as possible over my arms so i can make it in one or two trips. Now every time i left a bag of groceries i go "is it to heavy?" I went to the store the other night and stupidly got a basket instead of a cart and half way round the store realized I wasn't going to make it. its really a gradual progression of things so you don't realize until you can't do things that you haven't been really doing it for a while. Its so hard for me to accept more help with things and to ask people to life things or move things for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment