Saturday, November 21, 2009

No wonder they tasted so bad!

My current addiction when it comes to snack food is ranch flavored things. Because cool ranch doritoes are not the best thing to eat (despite what my taste buds tell me) I have been eating the quaker rice crisps instead. So tasty, yet much healthier. I usually go through a bag a week. Monday morning I opened a new bag to take some to work for lunch. I noticed they smelled a little weird, but put it down to packaging. Later that day at work I ate one and almost puked! It was DISGUSTING. I smelled another crisp and it smelled off so I threw the bag away and went to the vending machine instead. The rest of the week I kept meaning to throw the rest of the bag away at home, but I kept forgetting. You know what its like in the morning, brain on autopilot! So today I finally threw the bag away but before I did I decided to check the expiration date, just to see if they were expired or something. They were expired alright.. they expired July 2008!! Yes, July 2008!! Of course i can't find the receipt from the grocery store to return them and I think the customer service rep would laugh at me if I told them my story... so instead they go into the trash and from now on I am making sure to check expiration dates when I buy things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment