Monday, September 27, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things...

Or Eirik's favorite things I should say! =) These are things that I know he enjoys and when he starts getting fussy I can pull out and typically distract him with... for about 5 minutes.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar - He LOVES this book. I've read him others, but this one always gets a huge grin.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - This song always gets smiles. I've sung the ABC's which is the same tune but it doesn't get the same reaction.

The Rocking Penguin - He loves this penguin! Its inflatable and bounces when he hits it... it can easily amuse him for 10 - 15 minutes!

Jumparoo - Still a favorite. He'd stay in there for hours if we'd let him!

The cats - yes, nothing stops fussing and whining like a cat walking by.

RaZ-berry teethers - since he is having major teething pains these things are a lifesaver! This evening he happily gnawed on one for about 5 minutes! Find them here on amazon!

Me gnawing on his feet - He finds this hysterical. I pretend to gnaw on his feet and make loud "arrg" noises.

The outdoors - if all else fails sitting on my front porch always works! So many new sights and smells!

5 comments:

  1. I'm on the hunt for a jumparoo this week on CL :) Glad to know your little man loves his so much :) I'm going to pick up some of those teethers as well :)
    LOVE the new look!

    PS - also love your "few favorite things" posts - keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo - love the autumnal look! I'm with Mic, I love your favorite things lists, I've already gotten a bunch of great ideas, including the jumparoo!

    Not to be a killjoy, but I loved the raspberry teether when I first saw it too, but was scared off by the reviews on Amazon about it coming apart and being a choking hazard. I think it's fine as long as Eirik only uses it when someone is in the room with him. FYI:
    http://www.amazon.com/Razbaby-009-RT-RaZ-berry-Teether-Red/product-reviews/B000JWSO9I/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Eirik's favorite things =) Kylie shares some of them too...like twinkle, twinkle little star, the feed gnawing and the outdoors. The review that Lara pointed out scared me away from the razberry but I ordered a few teething things today and will report back on how they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow... i hadn't seen those reviews on the teethers! well, i only give them to him when he is sitting with me... i'll have to let my husband know to do the same thing! They work so well and keep him so happy! Maybe I can find something else similar online... off to hunt. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma- Love the new background, but in a way that makes me sad it is going to get cold. But happy b/c it means fall is here and my little dude is going to be popping out soon!

    So I looked at the razberry teether and um, well, it looks funny. Just had to say that :-p Will let you go from there... Ha ha. I've gotten a TON of teethers, the round ones with liquid that you can freeze. Any thoughts on those? I haven't unwrapped them yet so I can exchange them but I am def curious!

    ReplyDelete