Friday, December 11, 2009

27 weeks!

27 weeks


Thats the 27 week photo! Not the best photo of me... but you can really see how big I am getting! One of the managers at work commented yesterday about how much I had suddenly popped! Of course this followed with the huge list of "how are you feeling" questions. I am SO tired of being asked how I am feeling! I mean, do they really want me to go "well, I have to pee every 2 hours or so and my back is killing me and my hips ache and parts of my body are swollen that shouldn't be, my boobs are leaking on a regular basis, i am exhausted all the time, i've recently developed some nice hemorrhoids, and my hormones make me feel like i want to cry"


So I shouldn't be allowed to watch anything sappy with baby's in... its just not good for me. I'm kind of half heartedly giving the new show Mercy a change. I miss ER and I wanted a medical drama to watch. I know I could watch Grays Anatomy but i am so far behind in it at this point I don't feel like getting myself involved. I decided i'd start with something new, fresh, and give it a change. The show is... okay. Its got its amusing moments and some of the patient stories are interesting... but i'm not 100% sure its going to last more than this season. Anyway, the last episode had a 19 year old women who gave birth to her baby. Originally she was going to put it up for adoption because the father was out of the picture and she had no idea what to do but then after seeing the baby she changed her mind and wanted to keep him. We can all see how this ends... girl realizes she can't take care of the baby and changes her mind. Anyway, the scene where the mother realizes she can't do it is when shes sitting in the car and the baby wakes up and she has NO clue what to do. And suddenly I went "THAT'LL BE ME! I'LL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!!" Yes, I started to freak out. I sat there last night thinking "why did i want to have kids? I know nothing about kids! I have no experience with babies! This baby is going to cry and i'm going to freak out and not have any idea what to do!" Of course after a while the rational side of my brain kicked in... but still.. the closer my due date gets the more frequent those little freak out episodes become! I'm assuming this is totally normal first time mother stuff... at least I hope it is! I keep reading everywhere its a learning curve and you figure it out and its different when its your own kid... still, the thought of suddenly being home alone with an infant is a little terrifying!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I think you have a very cute bump :) Although I'm sorry to hear about all of the other icky stuff :( (is it bad that not only am I sorry for you, but worried now about me and if I'll have all of those pleasantires at 27 weeks, haha!)
    I started watching Mercy this season but only made it through 4 episodes, so I missed the one you are talking about. But I would think your emotions are completely normal, especially for a first-time mom ... believe me, I have no idea what I'm doing with a kid either so you'll be in good company there!

    And I'm SO glad your blog finally appeared in my google reader - YAY!

    ReplyDelete