Sunday, December 6, 2009

Another baby item purchased!

So the last big expensive item on my baby list was... the breast pump. I have been debating back and forth over the breast pump... do I buy it now or buy it after the baby is born? And then, what kind! I knew I had to get a good breast pump because this sucker is going to be used daily at work, so after researching I had settled on either the Medela pump in style or the freestyle. I really was drooling over the freestyle but the higher price tag had me on the fence. So today what do I see at the Babies R Us weekly flyer? 20% off the Medela Freestyle! That is an amazing deal on a breastpump that is NEVER on sale! And the best part is the coupon could be used online and had free shipping! So now my last big must have before the baby arrives baby item is purchased! WOW. Yes, there are other things I still need, but nothing with a price tag quite that high. =)

Today I am officially starting my christmas baking craziness! I have to have all my cookies finished by the 14th for my husband to deliver to his students, so that gives me a week. Not bad! I'm hoping to do 3 kinds today (maybe 4) so I can slowly finish the rest off after work next week and next Sunday. I also want to put the lights up today, but that requires my husband fishing the holiday boxes out of the basement. If I start harassing him now I should be able to get the lights up before it gets dark!

Yesterday we had our first official snowfall! Sadly it was barely enough to make the ground outside look white. For some reason my area gets less snow then about a half a mile away! It always happens that way. But, it looked pretty and made me feel all excited about winter and Christmas! I am almost ready for christmas... I have to go to the pet store and get the cats a scratching post and then I think I may be just about done!

In cat news Laia (The fluffy white cat) is mad at me. She gets chronic ear infections, so every few months I have to give her drops in her ears which she despises. I'd noticed her digging in her ears again and that they were looking a little nasty so yesterday morning I started the drops. Needless to say every time i walk in the room I get a death look. It doesn't help that the drops make her fur all greasy so she looks ridiculous! Poor cat!

Alright, off to do laundry and start baking. I am determined to have a productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment