Monday, December 14, 2009

Braxton Hicks and No More School!

So I'm 99% sure i've started to get Braxton Hicks contractions. I could be wrong, but i've had a few episodes where i'm uncomfortable and then I notice my stomach is really hard. Its so weird! Normal, but totally strange. If I wait a few minutes and then feel my stomach again it feels totally different. It really freaks me out a bit that my body is already starting to prepare for labor!

I have been putting off the hunt for a pediatrician for a while now, but I really have to set up an appointment ASAP. The birthing center requires us to have a pediatrician chosen and a consent form signed by 34 weeks, which I realized is quickly approaching! I have a recommendation from an old coworker so tomorrow at work I am going to call and try and schedule an appointment. I know hes great with kids (he comes with glowing reviews from a few people I know!) but I need to make sure hes okay with an alternative vaccination schedule. While I am totally for vaccinations, I am not for all of the vaccinations they give kids so young! Just one example I can think of is Hepatitis B... i didn't get that vaccination till i was 15 and now its given to infants! Since this little guy isn't going into daycare I think he'll be okay if we do a modified schedule. Basically he'll get less vaccines at each visit and the space between the vaccines is a little more. I hope my husband and I both like this guy because I don't know anyone else in my area with small kids... i'd have to start a random hunt for a doctor!

My graduate classes are officially done for the semester! I took my last final this evening. I am taking the spring semester off so that means no more classes for me till June when I am taking a summer class! I'm hoping that I don't completely loose motivation during my little break. I really thought about doing the spring semester since all the classes are online, but I quickly realized that was a bad idea. Instead I decided it was better to just take the semester off and ease myself back into classes in June. I have 3 classes left to take: 1 summer, 2 fall semester and then i'll officially have my M.S. in Biotechnology. Scary! I'm really looking forward to relaxing after work again and on the weekends. Lots of knitting and reading will be done! I have to enjoy all this time I have now because I know in March i'm not going to have the same freedom!

Now I am off to bed because I slept horribly last night. Note to self: Drinking about 3 large glasses of water after 6pm is NOT a good idea and will result in a minimum of 5 bathroom trips during the night!

3 comments:

  1. Girl, BH already? Wow! That just shows us how amazing the body really is! Congrats on your last Final. That is probably the best feeling in the world :) And as for the water/sleep issue, I hear ya 'sister! Although, getting enough water has been my biggest problem so far. But sleep is much different now than it's ever been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen on the not sleeping...and I'm barely into this crazy ride! ;) How exciting that you only have 3 classes left though!! I took a semester break once and it was honestly the best thing I ever did b/c it made me more focused to get done once I got back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you a blog award, head on over to my blog to pick it up!
    http://stoneyville-stumbull.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-first-ever-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete