Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Weight Gain

So I had my 26 week appointment today and it was as uneventful as ever! My husband and I talked and agreed there was no point in him coming to every appointment with me. I realized it was pretty pointless because he just sits there the entire time and then we leave! When it gets closer i'll probably have him come more, but right now everything is so dull and uneventful! I am up 10lbs since my last appointment... ACK!! The midwife wasn't concerned at all since thanksgiving just passed, but I am freaking out. I had really hoped to keep my total weight gain to about 40lbs (originally I wanted 30 but things change!). At my last appointment I was only up 3 so I thought "great! I can do this!". Now my total weight gain is 30lbs almost and i've still got 3 months to go! So much for keeping the weight gain down... i guess i just have to stop eating all the yummy food I want and focus on eating the healthier options! I also apparently now look pregnant because i've been stopped by quite a few people going "wow, you've poped!" That on top of a 10lb weight gain is just making me feel like a blob!!

Next hurdle is the glucose test right before christmas. Thankfully my midwife practice doesn't make you do the sugary drink with the fasting bloodwork. Nope, instead I get to drink 16oz of OJ and eat 1/2 a banana an hour before my appointment! WAHOO! I just have to remember to bring the OJ and the 1/2 a banana to work that day. =)

Speaking of Christmas, I am happy to annouce most of my Christmas shopping is done! I have to get something for my brother and some stocking stuffers, but pretty much the big gifts are done already! I even have all my stuff ready to mail to England, I just have to wrap and package! I even bought my own christmas present already on amazon! I decided this year for christmas I wanted a digital camcorder... nothing fancy and high end, but something to take videos of this little guy as my family is all so far away! So I got a great deal in their black friday sale on one that was recommended to me by my brother. I'm excited because i've never had a camcorder before, just a camera. I'm sure i'll be testing it out on the cats long before the baby arrives. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment