Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Exhaustion and Exercise

I am only just barely in the 3T according to most of those little trimester calculators! According to some I was there Monday, others say today, and yet others say Friday! Its so confusing! I guess in the big scheme of things it doesn't make a difference what trimester you are in, you're still pregnant. ;) 27 weeks already... wow, where did the time go?? Things seemed to go so slowly in the first trimester and now I am entering the home stretch! Less than 90 days to go (in theory!). Physically I am pretty prepared... we have a cosleeper, a crib, carseat, breastpump, clothing, bedding... all the big essential gear. Mentally however I am beginning to freak out. I am guessing everyone hits a point where they go "I'm having a BABY". Well, I am at that point! Last night in bed I suddenly started having all those fears and doubts. I tried for so long for this and now i'm wondering if I am really ready for this. Of course I then feel weird because I am so worried... and its not normal worried either. Its weird things like "What if my husband and I get a divorce and my kid has to go through what I went through?" or "What if i die and miss most of his life?" or even worse still "What if hes deathly allergic to the cats and I have to give them away?". Yes, these are the thoughts that go through my mind!

It also seems that my utter exhaustion is returning. I am finding it harder and harder to stay awake at night. I think its a mixture of cold weather, getting dark early, and being pregnant. I've always gone to bed early in the winter... its dark and cold outside and bed is so warm. But now I get home at 5pm and feel like I could pass out! In fact its 7:30 now and I am already planning on getting into bed within 30 minutes. Thankfully I am still sleeping through the night pretty well. Most nights I only get up once to pee, however sometimes its been 2. The worst is weekends because I find myself getting up to pee at about 7:30 and then I am unable to get back to sleep so i'm up early almost every weekend. Thankfully I am also not too uncomfortable at night either. I added an extra pillow for back/butt support which has done WONDERS for my back pain. I'm slowly but surely forcing myself back to the gym. I went once last week and once this week so far. For me thats good! I tell myself that if I don't keep going now its going to be harder to get back after this guy is born. I also find I feel better on days after I exercise!

In non baby related news I am furiously baking Christmas cookies! I have 3 more kinds to do by Sunday night... not too bad. Its busy, but once they are done and in the freezer I can relax a bit! My classes are almost over, I have finals to take this weekend. Next week I can sit back, relax, watch Netflix DVDs, and knit! I am looking forward to it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment