Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Knitting Projects!

I'll start with the pregnancy related stuff. I had my 29 week appointment today (technically i'll be 29 weeks tomorrow). The good news is everything looked great, the bad news is i managed to gain 8lbs in 3 weeks. ARG! I don't feel like I am eating that horribly but for some reason I just keep gaining. I am really going to start paying attention to what I am eating and how much of what I am eating again.. Its just so hard with the holidays and whatnot going on right now... but this is starting to get ridiculous. My total weight gain so far is just around 40lbs!! i've still got 2 1/2 months to go! They also drew blood for my glucose test, so hopefully that comes back normal... fingers crossed!


Now non baby related stuff! I love knitting but between work and school I haven't had much of a chance to do any. Well, with classes done I have decided to brush off my knitting needles! My 2 christmas projects were gifts for a friend of mine: A christmas tree ornament and a coffee sleeve! 


coffee sleve 12-22-09


octopus ornament 12-22-09


The ornament is a little jellyfish! My friend who I made this for loves fish... and while i know its not a fish fish, its the closest pattern I could find online. The coffee sleeve was also really really easy. the first pattern I tried was for knitting it in the round, which while it sounds easier it was NOT. I gave up on that after 3 failed attempts and instead did it on straight needles. The downside is the seam which I had to sew up, but the upside is that it was SUPER easy.


Up next for my knitting projects are a baby hat for my little guy to wear for easter (its got bunny ears!!) and a christmas stocking for next christmas for the baby! Yes, its early to start knitting a christmas stocking for next year HOWEVER when I did my husbands stocking it took me 3 months to complete... so I figure I had better get an early start!

2 comments:

  1. Your knitting projects sounds so cute :) I love the jellyfish! Adorable!

    As far as the weight gain, Ugh, I'm so sorry! This has to be a really hard time of year for being in the third trimester and trying to watch your weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I friggin LOVE my jellyfish! It lives in the window next to the green G you gave me! ^_^

    ReplyDelete