Friday, December 4, 2009

A moment to discuss TV

There are only a handful of current TV shows I watch right now. My TV gets absolutely no channels so I watch everything via Hulu. Hulu is the best thing ever!! Before all the major TV stations put their shows online I had to resort to youtube and other methods to keep up to date on my shows. My husband and I are not large TV watchers (in fact he doesn't watch at ALL, just DVDs) so we both agreed not to spend money on getting cable or anything like that. Needless to say if you turn our TV on right now all you're going to get is static because we didn't even upgrade with that whole digital switch thing!

But, I digress. This is about my current TV habits! Most of my old favorites are off the air, leaving me looking for new shows to fill the void. I have tried to get myself into more light shows with amusing plotlines that will make me laugh. Why? Because I get too caught up in drama shows and they tend to (in my opinion) start off reasonable and then go off the deep end. At least with comedy you expect the deep end. =)

With that said, here are my current TV shows: Glee, The Office, Fringe, Scrubs, and Ugly Betty. The office has been on for ages as we all know. I however only got into it about 2 seasons ago. While so far this season has been good, it is also a lot more serious. It still always makes me laugh out loud though! Ugly Betty has also been around a while. I started watching in the first season and really loved it. The second season was okay... and then things got kinda meh for a while and I almost quit watching but kept at it and this season has been better then ever! I am really impressed with the show so far. Scrubs I didn't expect to be back this year. Like everyone else I assumed it was over last year and was prepared for it to end. However, I must say I am pretty pleased with the way the show has continued! Its almost like a new show now. Its got the same scrubs humor and quality, but a completely different feel. I'm not sure in the long run how it will catch on, but i am amused.

Glee and Fringe are my two new shows this season. Yes, i know fringe started last season however I didn't start watching. I wanted to, but i told myself i'd be good and not get hooked on anything new. Well, over the summer my friend informed me that I HAD to watch fringe and i spent the summer catching up on the first season and I was hooked. I loved the x-files and I am a sci-fi dork with a science background... how could I not love fringe?? I'm worried however that because of its timeslot its not doing so well... it has a lot of competition on Thursday nights! I've got everything crossed that the show makes it for a renewal next season. Its starting off like the x-files did... lots of "stories of the week" episodes with just enough mythology storyline thrown in. And then of course there is Glee... my guilty pleasure! The show is a little out there and crazy, but I love it! I can't quite explain why, but from the first episode i was addicted! I watched the pilot at the beginning of the summer thinking it was a new summer show and was disappointed to find I had to wait until September to see another episode! Now I have just heard they are taking it off the air from December till April!! I am crushed!

So, those are my current thoughts on my current TV watching! Overall I am enjoying all my shows this season... some are more addicting then others and not every episode has been wonderful! I also have to say the Hulu desktop application has been a lifesaver! I subscribe to my favorite shows and then when I open the application it shows me what is new that I haven't seen before. Its simple and easy! Yay Hulu!

No comments:

Post a Comment