Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

It never ceases to amaze me... you spend so much time preparing, planning, wrapping, cooking and then POOF its 9pm and the day is over! It seems like the older you get the quicker Christmas disappears! This Christmas was a little more relaxed then previous years, at least to me. I'm the one that has to cook so I should know. ;) 


First up, the tree, with gifts! Sorry the photo's a little blurry. 


IMG_0814


I have to say, my gift this year was a total surprise to me! I gave my husband nothing to go on and about a week ago he said "I think i've really done it this year, you're gonna love your gift". I was a little nervous I have to admit! Imagine my shock and surprise this morning to find a Wii! Now, let me back up here a bit and explain my husband does not do video games at ALL. He is not a gamer by any stretch of the imagination and always thought I was silly for wanting a Wii. I keep saying how I want one but can't justify buying one at the moment with all the other baby stuff that needs to be done... but now I have one!! I am really excited too. Of course i didn't get too much time to play today (as I said above, I cooked!) but I did get a little classic mario as well as mario party played. I also have a star wars game which i'll have to investigate tomorrow. Most of my relatives over seas sent money, but my parents did send a gift for the baby! its little slippers that rattle. VERY cute!


My brother and father in law came over for dinner, which was nice. We ate and relaxed. I made Christmas Pudding (English tradition!) which caught on fire beautifully!


IMG_0830


Afterwards we all opened christmas crackers and put on silly hats and read our jokes. I will refrain from posting the silly hat photos here in case my husband kills me.


The cats enjoyed their Christmas gifts! A new scratching post!


IMG_0816


Later my brother decided to cover Sebastian in wrapping paper... silly cat....


IMG_0836


I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas! I know I am looking forward to a weekend full of Wii playing. =)

1 comment: