Friday, October 29, 2010

7 Months!!

Holy Cow... 7 months?! I blinked and the past month went by! Honestly it seems like just yesterday I was saying how he was 6 months old. That first birthday is just getting sooner and sooner! But, i'm not going to think about that!

It seems like right now we are on the cusp of a bunch of new skills... he's just not quite there yet. Hes mastered sitting up from his stomach and currently that's his preferred method of moving around the floor. However I think we are VERY close to crawling and pulling up and cruising! He LOVES to stand and hold on to things and is trying to cruise when he does... but he's just not quite there yet. I am thankful for this however because it means I can still put him down on the floor and know he's not going to move! This phase is sadly almost over however... my future holds babygates and door locks!

The older he gets the more his little personality comes through. Its just so interesting to watch him grow in this aspect! He really is a happy little guy... he smiles and laughs and honestly is not that fussy! He goes with the flow most of the time. He's VERY inquisitive... if he hears a noise or sees something he has to find out what it is. He is also really eager to do things and gets frustrated when he wants to do something but can't yet (IE stand!). While he's a happy baby he's not super friendly at first... he's very leery of new people, especially men. There are of course exceptions to this rule... he absolutely loves my friends cousin!

As I said in an earlier post we officially have tooth number one and I think tooth number two isn't far behind. We've had major drooling going on again and I can feel it RIGHT there!

Food is going okay... its very hit or miss. He'll taste things but if its too difficult to get to his mouth he just gives up on it. I try and offer him solids at least once a day and on the weekend I usually offer it 3 times. Currently broccoli is his all time favorite food... tonight he devoured 2 large pieces! We are also making progress with sippy cups and straw cups. He does better with the straw cup but hes starting to get the idea  behind the sippy. He still loves my glass though!

Sadly this post will not contain new pictures because my husband borrowed my camera tonight ... however I promise tomorrow new pictures will come! And then Sunday we will debut his new halloween costume! I know you're all dying to see that. =)

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow...7 months already?!?! I can't wait to see his Halloween costume! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Eirik is going to be zooming around soon - how fun! And scary, haha!

    What are you guys going to do for Halloween? I'm a little stumped with a little guy -- we'll dress him and walk around the neighborhood and then later, if weather permits, I'll put him in his bouncy seat and sit on the front stoop with him and DH while we give out candy. Let us know what you're doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing that Eirik is 7 months!! I remember when he was born and I was newly pg. I can not wait to see more pictures and his holloween costume!!

    ReplyDelete