Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Weekend of Firsts!

They say babies have weeks where all of a sudden things connect and they do EVERYTHING at once. This so far seems to have been one of those weeks!

I said Eirik had started going from sitting to stomach... well, now he does it all the time... and he goes back from stomach to sitting!! Its his version of crawling... he goes to his stomach, moves around, sits back up... repeat. I have a video clip of him doing it I have to upload. Then this evening when I put him in his crib while I got the bath stuff ready. I came back in to find him standing! Yes, he pulled himself up from sitting to standing! Yipes!! Time to lower the crib mattress!

We also started solids this weekend! We are doing baby led solids instead of the traditional path of puree. The big difference is you give them real table food right away instead of mushing everything up and spoon feeding them. If you want to find out more about baby led solids here are a few great websites and blogs!:

http://www.tribalbaby.org/babyLedEating.html
http://babyledweaning.blogware.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzzPTRUWMHI

Anywhoo... so yesterday I was eating oatmeal and Eirik was just eying it up. I shrugged and figured "What the heck, its just oatmeal!" so I put a little on my spoon and offered it to him. Wouldn't you know he opened his mouth wide and tried to get the spoon into his mouth! He gave me a look afterwards as if to say "this is what you people eat?!" but he still took a few more little tastes. Tonight however I gave him some brocoolli. Needless to say I think he got more on the table then in his mouth... but he was amused none the less. I don't think he actually ate much, but I know some got in there because he would make faces. Not a "eeww" face exactly more of a "this is new" face.

IMG_4372

We also went and got some 6 month professional photos done today... but thats a long story so i'll save that update for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so much going on with your little man! He is just getting cuter every day =)

    ReplyDelete