Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A relaxing afternoon

Today I got to spend the afternoon with my little man. This morning my friend who babysits Eirik in the afternoon told me her son was sick with a fever. As we really had no one else to watch him I decided that instead of having my husband cancel his lessons I would just leave work a little early to get home. It was a lighter day for me today thankfully. So instead of having to make a long trek to pick up my exhausted baby the plan was to spend the afternoon playing with him! Well, instead he took a 2 hour nap! He definitely needed the nap and I got some much needed down time as well. He woke up refreshed and happy just in time for some dinner. Even bedtime tonight didn't seem quite as bad. Sure it still took about 45 minutes but compared to the 2 hour marathon we've had some nights it wasn't so bad.

And now a few random pictures. Here is he standing holding on to the coffee table. He can't pull himself up yet but he wants to stand so badly. He LOVES to stand and hold on to things. Note my feet in the picture as I am sitting right behind him. While he loves standing he hasn't quite figured out that when he lets go he falls!

IMG_4420

He also had a ton of fun playing with blocks! He is more interested in the container then the blocks most of the time though.

IMG_4429

Of course my cat thinks its a great new toy for him!

IMG_4431

Guess they'll have to learn how to share!

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo for an afternoon at home with your little guy! And double woo-hoo for a nice nap =)

    ReplyDelete