Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kitty!

Or something that sounds a lot like it. Yes, if I didn't know better I would SWEAR thats what Eirik says when he sees a cat. I know, hes to young to know what he's saying and understand... he says dadadadada all the time! But this one, kitty, is one he ONLY makes at the cats. I keep trying to reinforce things by saying "yes, thats the kitty cat" to him. It'll be interesting to see if his first real word is kitty or dada. My first word was meow so maybe it runs in the family!

In other Eirik news solids are going okay. We tried avacado. the first night he had no interest in it but he also had issues grasping it. The second night I left the skin on and he gnawed some avacado off the skin... last night was a similar event. The big issue however is we don't have a high chair so I am feeding him in his bumbo... and he HATES being in the bumbo with the tray attached. We are getting a high chair this weekend so I have a feeling solids will start going more smoothly then. I have great pictures of him with avacado over his face that need to be uploaded from the camera.

We're also working on a sippy cup. He still just wants to gnaw at the top part. What he does however LOVE is drinking from my glass! I'll hold it for him and let him lap at the water a bit. He does it and gets a HUGE grin on his face. Maybe we'll just skip the whole sippy cup thing and go straight to a straw and a regular cup!

2 comments:

  1. I know it's super early but it sure does sound like his first word might be kitty =) Happy to hear solids are going well, I bet you're right and the high chair will go a long way in helping. Kylie loves her high chair and being at the height where she can se everything going on at the table. Can't wait to see avacado face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute that your first word was meow and one of Eirik's firsts might be kitty!!! I hope that the high chair helps. Do you have a picture of his big grin when he takes a sip from your cup? So cute = )

    ReplyDelete