Friday, October 22, 2010

More Fun With Food... and other random updates!

So I have a confession to make here... while I was posting about how awesome baby led solids were I was mentally freaking out. Eirik wasn't really showing ANY interest in eating! I would put food on his plate and he'd pick it up and put it in his mouth a bit, but generally he just gave me a look like "you want me to do what?". I had read however that this was perfectly normal to start with and that it may take time for your child to start eating. It seemed like day after day I would offer him food and he'd just simply show NO interest in picking it up and trying it. That is until about 2 days ago. Yes, I put the food down on his tray and instantly he went for it and shoved it in his mouth. It was a pear... and he actually ATE some! I saw food being chewed! last night we had an amazing repeat with the broccoli. He LOVED it. He was sucking and gnawing on that piece for about 5 minutes! And tonight we did banana. First I tried cutting the banana in halves and giving it to him that way but it was just too slippery for him to hold so then i just used the peel of the banana and let him gnaw on the top... and we had more actual eating occur!! He wasn't OVERLY thrilled with banana so I gave him a piece of my broccoli which again was devoured. I think we officially have a favorite food... broccoli!

IMG_4480

A picture of him eating his banana... note you can actually see food in his mouth!!

In other news we are going to have to lower Eirik's crib mattress this weekend because his new favorite thing to do is this...

IMG_4444

Yes now the second I put him in his crib awake thats what he does. This afternoon I tried to put him down for a nap and I left him in his crib awake. Well, it was really quiet so I thought he had gone to sleep. No, he was standing!

So that is whats going on with my little man! Oh they grow up so quickly...

Tomorrow I am going to make my sleep plan for the next 3 weeks so i'll update on that tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. He is so cute! I'm glad to hear he's finally getting the hang of solids too. I love the look on his face in the pic of him eating! It's like "Mom...seriously? I'm trying to eat here!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Eirik liking food now = ) So glad that has started to go well. Love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He just gets so many more skills every single day, it's amazing! Happy the solids are going better. Interested to hear about your sleep plan.

    ReplyDelete