Monday, October 12, 2009

The fat stage...

So far I've been pretty good about updating this! We'll see how much longer that lasts. ;)

So i'm at that weird phase where people are looking at me going "is she gaining weight or is she pregnant?" I've even gotten the double take from a few managers. Now, i was never one of those people who was rail thin by any means. I've always had to work hard to keep myself in shape... eating right, exercise, that sort of thing. But the way this pregnancy is going i'm not getting that beautiful baby belly... instead i'm just getting fat squished in different directions. And its not because i'm not gaining weight, believe me, I am! I'm up 15lbs from when I had my first doctors appointment. It just seems that the 15lbs is going everywhere... my butt, my thighs, my stomach (upper and lower). I look at photos of women with these cute obvious baby bellies and wish I had one. Instead, I look like this:

18 weeks 10-12-09

I keep telling myself that soon enough i'll have that nice round baby belly... for now, i'll just have to live with the looks. I guess if i wore one of those flowey maternity shirts maybe it would look more obvious.

This time next Monday i'll hopefully know if this little sweet potato (because according to my weekly e-mails it is now the size of a sweet potato!) will be a boy or a girl. Fingers crossed they decide to cooperate!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Emma! I just wanted to let you know that you do have at least one reader ;) Also, in the picture you posted, I can see your baby bump!!! So it is there, even if you feel like the weight is kind of going everywhere...there is a definite bump in that baby spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following your blog too! Now you have at least 2 readers ;-) I have LOVED blogging, especially since being pregnant.

    I have had the same problem with weight getting dispersed everywhere. Don't worry though... you will get that telltale bump :) I think you definitely have a bump starting though. And I bet it will pop any day!

    ReplyDelete