Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hormones gone wild!

So this week seemed to be a rough week. I don't know if it was a combination of a bad work week, hormones, other stress, or something else, but by the time I got home yesterday I hardly had the energy to do anything. My typical Friday night includes me sitting at the computer catching up on a weeks worth of TV. I watch all my TV shows online so I was really looking forward to The Office, Fringe, and Ugly Betty (I cheated and watched Glee on Thursday). So I start with the office, which was hysterical. One of the funniest episodes they've done in a while! Then i move on to fringe to find... no new episodes till November! Dissapointment number one. Then I discover that apparently Ugly Betty now comes on Friday night, not Thursday! So.... no Ugly Betty either. I almost cried! So I ended up sitting on the couch watching Amelie, a nice sappy romantic movie with a happy ending. 

Of course my husband comes home and thanks to my raging hormones and his general stress over "oh my god, we're really having a baby" we've been fighting over all sorts of stupid things recently. Really, in hindsight, they are really dumb and we both know it. So, of course last night we are both trying extra hard NOT to get into a silly fight which makes it even harder (weird logic, I know!). We just ended up in bed early talking, not about how stressed and frazzled we both are but about things like how long my parents will visit in March and laughing at the cats doing silly things like playing with our feet under the covers. So this morning I get up to discover that last night after I went to sleep he went out and got me some flowers and one of those oh so tasty Starbucks Frappachino drinks (the bottled ones). Chocolate and flowers, the perfect gift for your pregnant hormonal wife. =) Sometimes he knows just when I need something like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment