Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Things the pregnancy books never tell you...

I'm starting to learn that those lovely pregnancy books never tell you the whole story. While i'm sure they are quite useful in some respects, in others i've found them a waste of time. Or maybe i'm just reading the wrong books! So far, this is what i've discovered:

1. Despite what the books tell you about weight gain, your pants will probably be too tight around 8 - 10 weeks. Yes, some people are lucky and can wear their regular pants for a long time, but from what i've read most people start needing maternity pants around the 10 - 12 week mark. The books will tell you that by the end of week 14 your pants "may be a little snug". MAY be a little snug??

2. Your breasts can start leaking as early as 17 weeks. Yep, NO book mentioned this lovely problem! At first i thought maybe I was just drooling in my sleep. Nope, not drool! I quick google search reassured me this was completely normal. How comforting!

3. Aches, cramps, twinges, and the like are normal. I freaked out on more than one occasion because I had these dull achey cramps... aka, growing pains. Who knew!

I'm sure i'll discover more things along the way... but so far those are the big things i've discovered that aren't mentioned at ALL. Yea, its neat to read about the baby development stuff... but I keep having things occurring and rushing to the book and finding... no answer! Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment