Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Blogging Background

So this is the part where i fess up and say i'm really pretty new to this blogging thing... in some aspects i've always been a little behind when it comes to technology. I've always had a decent computer, partly thanks to the fact that my brother is an IT guy. Not that I know nothing about computers... I know more than the basic internet, word, e-mail, etc. But, computers i've always been up to date on... its everything else I am behind in! For example, i got my first real cell phone plan when i was 21. Yep, you read that right, 21. While my friends had cell phones in high school my parents refused to pay for them because we didn't need them... and I had to agree. When i went off to college there was the internet as well as these wonderful inventions called calling cards! Anyway, my mom called me 9 out of 10 times. Then my junior year of college I moved into an apartment with no home phone, so I broke down and got... the cell phone. However, here is something you may find shocking... i got rid of it 2 years later when the contract expired! Why? I had a home phone and NEVER used the thing. In fact 99% of the time it sat in my purse, turned off. About a year and a half ago I decided to reenter the cell phone world because my husband worked nights all over the place and this way we could keep in touch easier. Still, my phone is far from fancy... it was the free one with the plan! Not that I am anti technology or anything... for me most of the time I just don't need it. It was the same with blogging... who would want to read what I had to say? Of course i did start journals... but most of the time they became privet affairs that were more rants about personal things that I didn't want the world to read rather than a true blog. Most of the time only one, maybe two people read it because that is all I would allow to read it. But no longer! I am entering the real blogging world! I shall have a real blog with posts for all to read! Of course its still taking me a while how to use all the fun features... i'll get there eventually. =)

1 comment:

  1. I think you are doing great so far!! Blogging gets to become addicting too so watch out ;-)

    ReplyDelete