Saturday, October 24, 2009

Gotta Love Consignment!

So apparenly in Maryland there are quite a few consignment events that are geared towards babies and kids. There is one called weecycle and another called totswap. I heard about weecycle from a friend of mine who had been and went to the one up in Harford County about a month ago. Today was the Anne Arundle County one, and since I know now its a boy I decided to head on over. Its only 2 dollars to get in (all money is donated to the food bank) and you never know what you are gonna find. While I don't really need a lot in the way of clothing, i still wanted to look. I found some absolutely adorable baby clothes. The best was a 4 piece set with penguins on and a onesize with a dragon. While I know my friend is going to lend me tons of clothing, I still want to buy some things that are mine. Then I went to look at the maternity clothing. My dressier work pants are getting snug around the belly as they are the below the waist pants. I totally lucked out and found 2 pairs of pants, 5 dollars each, and they fit PERFECTLY and have room to grow! I was thrilled! I've tried the local thrift stores for maternity clothes with no luck and was worried I would have to go to the motherhood store and buy more, but nope! I should be set for quite a while now. I'm planning on going to the totswap event in Timonium in November. I'm hoping they'll have a larger selection of furniture items.

And even better is while I was gone my husband got the first coat of paint up in the nursery. It looks GREAT. I was so worried that the color I chose would look too green on the wall, but its perfect. Its so subtly green... it just gives the room a hint of color. Its gray and rainy out now so now photos, but i'll take one tomorrow. I think it would be okay with one coat, but we're going to do a second just to be sure. I'm getting so excited now!!

Now I have to go do homework for my classes. Not fun, but it needs to be done. My one class has a test... which i've kinda studied for a bit. Its open notebook, but that doesn't mean its going to be easy. After the test I can relax for the rest of the evening. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment