Wednesday, March 10, 2010

40 weeks!

Today I am officially 40 weeks! I had my midwife appointment today. All went well! They did an internal and i'm 2cm dilated and about 50% effaced, so something is finally going on! I had a mild freak out moment when they were trying to find his heartrate. Hes ALWAYS stubborn about it, but I think the midwife was trying to get him to move and have an accelerated heartrate just to check him out... and they couldn't get him to move so they said "you get movement regularly right?" and i said yes so i guess they were happy with what they heard. I'm of course still nervous now... but he does move regularly. This morning he was all over the place! She "stretched things out a bit" to try and get the ball rolling. I've been having mild contractions for the past few hours... so you never know. Of course i'm sure they'll go away soon... they always do! So if this guy doesn't appear by next Wednesday I have to get an ultrasound and a non stress test. I'm REALLY hoping he comes before next Wednesday!

I'm still working, though I am really ready to be done. Every day people are shocked to see me still there! I must have gotten at least 8 people today going "You're still here?!" or something along those lines. It makes me want to hide in a hole! No wonder i spend most of the day hiding at my desk where no one can see me!

I'll update with a photo either tomorrow or Friday!

UPDATE: Lost a large chunk of my mucous plug this morning and had MAJOR nesting going on last night! Trying not to get too excited as it could mean nothing... but its hard not to!

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh...maybe that means you're really getting ready to start the real deal labor soon! Good luck and I can't wait to hear about how it goes!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting good...sounds like he's almost ready to make his appearance =) Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete