Friday, March 5, 2010

You're The Most Pregnant Woman I've Ever Seen!

I'll start this post with the photo I took today... 39 weeks.

39 weeks 3-5-10

Today was a rough day. Honestly I've been trying SO hard to stay positive and optimistic but the closer my due date gets the harder it becomes. Every day I feel a little bit more exhausted, a little bit more swollen, and a little bit more blah. I didn't sleep well last night because I had a few contractions that woke me up so far starters it was already a rough morning. I really had to muster all my energy to go in to work and once there I went from exhausted to wanting to cry. I also got a ton of "you're still here?" and "How are you feeling" comments today as well as a few "WOW". Still, trying to stay positive and think of all the good things about still being pregnant. Then after work I went to Borders. While standing in line a women came up to me and goes "You have got to be the most pregnant woman I have ever seen". I just about burst into tears!! The women kept going on saying things like "has anyone given you an award yet? I'm giving you an award." I just stood there like a deer in the headlights. I eventually mumbled that I was due on Wednesday and she goes "I bet you go tomorrow!" Of course I couldn't leave the store because the cashier was off doing something so all I could do was stand there hoping this women left me alone. Thankfully she did. Of course afterwards I thought of a million things i could have said, but I was just to stunned!

So, 39 weeks... nothing is going on. I went to my midwife appointment and they didn't do an internal check so I have no idea if i've made any progress there. I've been having some contractions/cramping but nothing to get excited over. They usually last about 20 minutes and then go away. Eirik is still sunny side up of course... but the midwife said i had lots of fluid so he has plenty of room to move around so I still have hope that he'll end up in a better position! My uterus measured at 42cm so either I've got a big baby or lots of fluid in there! I'm hoping its lots of fluid! I also came to the conclusion that no matter how healthy or unhealthy i eat i gain the same amount of weight each week.... so i've given up caring about what exactly I am eating. Of course today my stomach has been a little queasy... maybe its a labor sign?? I can wish!!

Physically I am sore and exhausted. As i said above every day seems to be a little bit worse. Not that this is my far horrible... i'm just uncomfortable. I have no desire to be induced but I can understand why a women reaches this point and begs her doctor for an induction. I've really tried not to complain much about pregnancy related things... and up until this point i've honestly had nothing to complain about! But right now I just need to take a moment to complain. So, if you want to skip over this part I understand. I can't roll over at night without physically sitting up and then when I do sit up I have to pee, I keep having contractions in the middle of the night that wake me up, I can't walk around for more then 10 minutes without having to sit down because i become light headed, my feet, ankles and knees are swollen by the end of the day, my fingers are swollen making simple things more difficult, i can't get in and out of my car I sort of fall in and push myself back out again, i have almost no clothes that still fit me, i'm exhausted all the time, i keep getting hot flashes which are causing me to feel lightheaded, i can't do ANYTHING i used to be able to do without feeling nauseated and light headed, and lastly I feel like I want to cry all the time.

Lastly I just watched the office episode from last night where Jim and Pam have their baby and seeing it made me not only want to cry but made me even more excited to finally meet my baby! I have to admit the scene at the end where Pam is alone and the baby is crying and she looks lost and confused... thats going to be me! I just sat there thinking "thats going to be me... i'm going to be that person!" Of course I think my favorite part of the episode was when they show that Jim had diapered a cat. I could only imagine trying to diaper my cat!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there sister -- your bundle of joy will be here before you know it. And I think every mother, new or old, gets that look at some point in time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad, I think the end is like that for everyone. No matter how hard we worked to get pregnant there comes a time when all you want is to move on to the next phase...actually holding your bundle of joy! That lady was a complete idiot...some people have no control of what comes out of their mouths {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete