Wednesday, March 17, 2010

41 weeks!

Yes, thats right folks, 41 weeks today!

I had an ultrasound, non stress test, and regular appointment to make sure he is still happy and healthy. Well, according to all the tests hes happy and healthy and not showing any signs of making his appearance! The ultrasound showed I still have tons of fluid left, which is good to know. During the non stress test he got angry and tried to kick off the sensors... so no worries there. The midwife did an internal exam and i'm still 2cm and 50% effaced... same as last week. They offered to strip my membranes (for those who don't know its when they separate the bag of fluid from the side of the uterus near the cervix to "help things along". Theoretically it releases a hormone that may stimulate labor) if i wanted, but i declined. Its painful and if hes not ready to come out its not going to do anything!

So my cutoff date for giving birth at the birthing center is the 25th. After that i'm post-term and considered higher risk so I have to give birth at the hospital. =( Thankfully they aren't talking induction yet. I really really want to avoid being induced! So, fingers crossed he comes before the 25th!

Every day I must get a million comments about still being there. Everyone is so impressed I am working and by my positive attitude. I tell them to talk to my husband, he'd tell you otherwise. ;) I think I keep the positive attitude around everyone else because I don't want to seem like a complainer. You never know who you are talking to and what their history is.

Sleep is becoming more and more interesting. I've had a few nights of pretty good sleep and then nights like last night where no matter what I do I cannot get comfortable. I must have woken up every hour last night to shift positions. I am nesting again! The after work exhaustion is gone and is replaced by the urge to clean/do things. Last night i cleaned the kitchen which included scrubbing the stove AND the sink! I'm hoping the nesting is a good sign!

On a final, and amusing note, the ultrasound tech tried to get a weight measurement today. Now ultrasounds are NOT really reliable for weight and they couldn't even get all the measurements they needed to do a good guess. Their guess? 11lbs! My midwife told me to please ignore that, they HIGHLY doubted I had a baby anywhere near that big in there. Sometimes i'm so glad i'm seeing my midwife. =)

2 comments:

  1. So it sounds like he won't be making his appearance on the 18th, yay! I'll be pulling for a 19th or 20th appearance! And you are an inspirational trooper, even if you're occasionally cranky with DH ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy he's doing well and they aren't talking about induction yet =) You're doing a great job at staying positive and productive, way to go!

    ReplyDelete