Friday, March 26, 2010

Last Day of Work

Today was one of those days that just disappeared. I had a chiropractor appointment this morning, then an ultrasound, and finally work. My last day of work until June. Everyone was shocked to see me in today... I think they all thought I was done after I didn't come in yesterday. Of course I had to answer a million questions, but I felt mentally more prepared. Leaving felt odd though... I know i'm not gone forever but 11 weeks is a long time.

I'm becoming more and more nervous as Sunday gets closer. I wasn't nervous before because well... labor could start at any time! Now I have a date. I'm not nervous about labor and delivery... i'm having the big final "what was I thinking?!" freak out; The "oh my god, i'm really going to have a baby" freak out. I'm sure i'm going to be a ball of nerves on Sunday morning... another reason I am really hoping to go into labor on my own. I'd rather it happen so I don't have time to sit there and be anxious about it happening. 

I can't believe that the end is so close! It feels like the past 9 months have flown by... I can vividly remember getting my positive test and here I am, about to meet my son! Everyone tells me that things go by even faster once they are born. 

I am off to bed now... or at least attempting to sleep. If i'm having problems sleeping tonight I have no clue how I am going to sleep tomorrow night... 

6 comments:

  1. I don't comment much (uh maybe ever! LOL) but wanted to send tons of wonderful thoughts your way...and I hope you got some sleep tonight. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, the "What was I thinking?" freakout happened to me when I was in labor with my daughter. So normal!

    I'm wishing you the best of luck with your induction. P&PT's for a quick and easy delivery. I can't wait to see pictures of your handsome little man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the very best tomorrow Emma! Secretly I'm hoping you go into labor on your own today though =) Thinking of you and sending TONS of PTs your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck tomorrow -- I can't wait to see your official "I'm a mom and have a baby" post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck Emma!! I can't wait to see your sweet little man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you lots and lots of luck tomorrow Emma! I can't wait to meet Eirik!

    ReplyDelete