Sunday, March 7, 2010

Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring!

So I know technically the first day of spring is not for a little while longer... however the weather outside today is so beautiful! Its in the mid 50s, sunny, and perfect! I have all the windows in the house open and am enjoying the fresh air. There is nothing like that first beautiful day where you can really air out your house after winter! My spring bulbs are starting to come up, almost all the snow is gone, and the days are slowly getting longer! I have to admit spring is one of my favorite seasons. I love the fresh smell and the flowers and the colors... and my birthday is in spring. =)

I think today I am nesting again. All last week I was just exhausted and tired, but today I have energy! Of course I also have an upset stomach which makes things a little difficult. I've read that sometimes you get an upset stomach before labor so i've got everything crossed! At first I thought maybe it was something I ate, but now I am not so sure. I guess i'll find out sooner rather then later!

Sleep wise its just getting worse and worse. I've discovered that when I wake up having to roll over because something aches I'm also having braxton hicks contractions. I have NO idea if this is connected or if its just a fluke. Its not painful or anything, its just my hips ache and I have to go to the bathroom. This weekend i got up before 7 every day even though I got up about every 2 hours to pee. I just can't seem to get a good nights sleep anymore. All in preparation for afterwards I guess!

Well, back to my obsessive cleaning. I'm almost done the easter hat for Eirik but it didn't turn out as nice as I liked. The ears ended up being two different sizes... i can't tell if its something I did or if its the pattern. Oh well... i'm hoping when I finish the final touches it'll even things out a bit. I'll post a photo when I get it all done!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you aren't sleeping so well but YIPPY for having some energy today =) I hear ya on the achy hips when sleeping.

    I bet it was the pattern that made the ears different sizes...just give the little bunny some personality =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the same thing about the upset tummy too! Wow! I'm waiting to hear about baby's arrival!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete