Sunday, March 28, 2010

And We're Off...

So, still no labor... not a single contraction! I really really hoped to wake up in the middle of the night last night to find something going on, but no such luck. So, in about 20 minutes i'll be leaving for the hospital.

Yesterday was spent cleaning, packing, and generally distracting my mind from the thoughts of "oh my god, i'm having a baby tomorrow". My husband and I went out for our last dinner as the two of us... because even when we will get a chance to go out alone there will always be Eirik to think of from now on. We decided to go to a thai restaurant near where we used to live... we used to eat there at least once a week! Well, much to our disappointment they have changed the recipes since we were last their. My pad thai was not anywhere near as good as it used to be and even he had to admit his duck didn't taste quite as good... and they have put all their prices up! The cost for the quality of food we got was ridiculous! So, we're going to have to find a new Thai place to eat... anyone in the Baltimore area have suggestions? After a disappointing dinner we went and got some coffee and dessert at Borders and sat and relaxed. We didn't linger too long however because A) it was really busy and B) we still had to do a little grocery shopping on the way home. It was however a nice relaxing evening, even though the food was a disappointment.

Surprisingly I slept last night for most of the night... I think I was just too exhausted. At the moment I am actually pretty calm... but I know once I get to the hospital my anxiety will take over again. I have anxiety issues to begin with and pregnancy just makes it worse. I had another dream last night I gave birth to a cat... thats the third one in 3 weeks! I know I may claim to be a crazy cat person... but seriously!!

So, off we go! My next blog will be as a mommy, not a pregnant lady. =)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Mama! I know this wasn't your first choice of how everything would go, but hopefully as karmic payback, all the rest will go as smoothly as possible! Can't wait to har the birth story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck!! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible and you have the easiest induction possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Good luck Emma -- I can't wait to see pics of your little guy!! :)

    ReplyDelete