Monday, March 22, 2010

So Much For A Relaxing Day...

Before I go into the hell that was supposed to be my relaxing day off i'll give you the quick rundown from my appointments today: Lots of fluid, baby moving, 4cm dilated, 75% effaced. So, progress has been made! Knowing that i've dilated 2cm since last Wednesday actually makes me pretty optimistic... i'm hoping that its a sign something is going to happen soon. I have until midnight Thursday to go into labor otherwise I'll have to give birth at the hospital. Induction wise it'll have to be next week if I still haven't given birth, otherwise they have to hand me over to a doctor which I do NOT want. So, my cutoff for the latest i can go is April 1st.

So, my plan for the day was this. My husband and I would leave early for my midwife appointment, go shopping, go to the appointment, then go out and get some lunch afterwards. The appointment is about 30 minutes from our house and there is a huge mall and shopping center near it and honestly we haven't really gotten to spend time together between me working, appointments, and him working. So, that was the plan. But, nothing EVER goes to plan.

We left the house and got to the store to do a little grocery shopping. We get back in the car ready to head to my midwife appointment and... nothing happens.  Yep, thats right, all I hear is a horrible grinding noise. I try again thinking maybe its a fluke. Nope, car's not going ANYWHERE. So now we're 30 minutes from home with my appointment 15 minutes away and a car that's not budging. First I call the midwife who are super nice and tell me to call back when things get sorted out. Next its AAA who will come out, attempt to jump the car, and then if thats not it toe it. Next I wreck my brains for someone to call to pick US up. I do have a friend who works in Annapolis but I know her job isn't exactly the kind where she can just step out for an hour. So, I call my brother who thankfully wasn't busy this morning. So he came down to pick us up. At this point I realize if we're going to have to get the car toed home its going to cost a bit and I don't have cash, so I scour the parking lot we're in for a bank. I find one and make my way over to it to get some cash. I get said cash and walk back to the car as it starts to pour with rain. By the time I get back to the car I look like a half drowned rat. Lovely.

The toe truck guy shows up, jumps the car, and says that our terminals have to be replaced ASAP. I guess its lucky we were sitting in a parking lot right next to a mall with an auto center. So I leave the car with my husband to take over to the auto center and have my brother take me to my midwife appointment. After the appointment the car still wasn't done and I was starving because we were going to get lunch so I walked up the road a little way to a grocery store to get something to eat and wait. Thankfully it wasn't much longer that I had to wait. We then had to rush home so that he could leave again to make it to his lessons tonight!

So much for my nice relaxing day with my husband!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that what was supposed to be a relaxing day turned out to be the exact opposite. But YAY for making progress!! Hopefully that means that you'll be going into full out labor soon and can avoid the hospital! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that's a day! I'm so glad your car did this BEFORE Eirik arrived and not after. Sounds like good progress on the dialation and efacement...I'm keeping my finger crossed that today or tomorrow is THE day =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, dear, I'm sorry to hear about your day. You can always call me. If I am not in the field, then my job is usually flexible. I am glad this got fixed before Eirik decided to pop out into the world!

    ReplyDelete