Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Visit to the Chiropractor!

This morning I honestly almost didn't make it in to work... not because of labor but because my hips ached and I was nauseous... but after some breakfast and a lot of vegging in front of the computer I felt better so I dragged myself in. Of course I had to brace myself for the thousands of questions/comments concerning my pregnancy which I fielded as always, with a smile. I think my resolve is cracking because my group supervisor said "Emma, you're going to snap soon". I then also had to put up with the shocked responses when I told people my midwife isn't going to induce me till April 1st provided Eirik is still happy. Yes people, if I wait till April 1st that will put me at 42 weeks 6 days. Honestly I don't think i'll get till then... but I am not going to go to the doctor begging for an induction if everything is looking good and no one is worried!

So, this evening I had an appointment with a chiropractor recommended by my midwife. I have to say I REALLY wish I had gone sooner! She did a few adjustments to help get Eirik in a better position and also did one adjustment to help with the carpel tunnel i've been having. Oh, yes, another fun pregnancy thing that popped up a few weeks ago... carpel tunnel. My left hand goes numb and tingly from the swelling of being pregnant. So the hand already feels a TON better and I know Eirik was shifting all over the place after I was done there. If he's in a better position or not is yet to be seen... but I go back tomorrow for another adjustment.

No real contractions to report, but I have been having mild cramping on and off all day. I'm really hoping that means things are going on and maybe i'll go into labor soon... I'm really starting to get nervous. Thursday is just around the corner. I've still got time... thats what I keep telling myself.

In non baby related news I've registered for summer classes for my masters! I am actually VERY excited about my two classes this semester: Stem Cell Biology and Genes and Diseases. Both classes sound really interesting from the course description. Its going to be really interesting juggling school, work, AND baby. Thankfully i'll get to slowly ease back into things as my classes start early June and i don't think i'll be back at work now till almost July. Then I have 2 classes in the fall and I'll be done! When I graduated college I swore I was done with school and would never go back and here I am now so close to getting a Masters! However I do have to say I think I am done with school. Maybe in the future i'd take classes here and there, but another intense program? Nope!

So, fingers crossed I go into labor either tonight or tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment