Monday, May 3, 2010

5 week checkupi

So we went in today for our 1 month checkup. Yes, he's 5 weeks, but since we took him in at 1 week for his first check up we went back a bit later. I'm getting better about getting us out of the house on time! I have learned that the trick is if I know we have to be somewhere the next day pack the diaper bag the night before! This way all you have to do the next day is grab and go instead of spending half the morning attempting to feed, shower, eat, feed again, and pack the bag!

And now, the part you are all waiting for ... his 5 week stats!

He's 13.6lbs, 24inches long! Holy Crap! My baby is huge! He's off the charts for both! His head however is only in the 75th percentile. I knew he was getting big, but I wasn't quite prepared for that weight!

So, my next big priority is buying a new carseat. The infant carseat, which seemed like such a wonderful idea at first, will probably not last him much longer. It goes up to 22lbs or 29inches long. At this rate he'll be grown out of it by his 3 month appointment! So, convertable carseat hunting I go! I've done a little research already and there are two on sale at Babies R Us this week, so i'll probably get one of those. I have a 20% off coupon for one baby item as well as a small giftcard.

I also now need to rush and buy some more larger sized cloth diapers as this guy is going to be in the next size up VERY soon. The fitted and the covers we have only go up to 16lbs! I did order a few BumGenius 3.0 One Size Pocket diapers yesterday. I'll post my thoughts on those after I try them out. =)

2 comments:

  1. We're already needing the new carseat as well -- which ones are you looking at getting? I haven't started researching yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a big guy! You are feeding him well =) GL finding new goodies...

    ReplyDelete