Saturday, May 15, 2010

Updates!

So my parents have come and gone. It was so wonderful to have them here! Sadly I didn't get anywhere near enough pictures of them with Eirik... I just seemed to forget! We did get a few before they left... of course he refuses to smile. The second the camera disappears however its all grins!

IMG_1575

IMG_1581

For mothers day my mom replanted my front garden for me! I have to admit here I do not have a very green thumb... i've lived here for 5 years and its only in the last year my front looked somewhat pretty. My front is a tough spot because its very shaded but I did plant some hostas and my husband got me snapdragons for my birthday which I also planted. Of course this year between being very pregnant and then recovering from a c-section my garden never got touched! When they got here it was very overgrown with grass and weeds and in dire need of some work. Not only did my mom weed but she planted some plants as well! My step father even did a little decoration with a shell and a wine bottle. =)

IMG_1516

As for Eirik, he is really talking up a storm now. We've gotten a few sounds out of him other then ooo now and he's making new noises each day. His new trick is he wants to try and stand! Of course its a very supported stand, but he loves to be supported on my lap and grin and make noises at me! We also discovered he LOVES the bath. In an attempt to get him to go to bed earlier we've started a real bedtime routine. While my parents were here it was hard because so much was going on but with the end of my maternity leave quickly approaching I need to encourage him to sleep BEFORE midnight. Last night was actually a huge success! He woke up from his last nap about 7 so I kept him up, and then when my husband came home at 9 we gave him a bath and fed him upstairs and he was actually out by 10! We'll see if we have a repeat tonight.

IMG_1689

No comments:

Post a Comment