Sunday, May 2, 2010

Someone Turn Down The Heat!

Yet again we are having a crazy spring heat wave. This is the kind of weather we usually have in July and August, not May! Yesterday it was almost 90 and today its supposed to be over 90! Needless to say Eirik and I are hanging out downstairs. He's in his bouncy chair sleeping with a fan pointed on him! I have to say it must be nice to be a baby... he can hang out in his diaper and no one cares!

Yesterday we went out to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I've been going with my mom for years and half of the reason they made sure to be here for this weekend was so we could go. Its a mixture of people showing sheep and selling farm equipment and sheep and whatnot and also people who sell wool and knitting things. There are also general craft things too now... it really gets bigger every year! The event is hardly advertised anywhere yet its always packed!

We got there early because we knew it was going to be hot. Eirik did pretty well at first. We walked around and got a drink and then watched the sheep dog demo (they have working sheep dogs that herd some sheep through a little course) and Eirik lay on a blanket under a tree and enjoyed nature. He even picked a dandylion! I don't think he realized he'd picked it... but it was still cute. =) After that we went and got some lunch and looked at a few more stalls before Eirik started fussing again. I found a small spot in the shade and fed him and rehydrated myself. Up until this point i'd had him in a onesie in his carrier but since it was so hot I just left him in a diaper. We looked around a bit more and then decided to get some ice cream on the way out. Well, while standing in line Eirik decided he was hot and done. Not that I can blame him as both my mom and I were hot and done too! We made a beeline for the car and the second I placed him in his carseat he passed out asleep. It was just too hot to be outside pushing through crowds of people.


http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32466643&l=153d478108&id=52200507

A photo of Eirik and I hanging out under a tree.


I have to say, some people were insanely rude! It was obvious I had a baby in a carrier, yet people were bumping into me and refusing to get out of my way! I was shocked! I was however impressed to see lots of people wearing babies in a variety of carriers as well as people sitting and breastfeeding! I also got a reality check of just how big Eirik is... everyone we saw had 3 to 6 month olds who were smaller or the same size as him!

I guess we'll find out tomorrow just how big he is... we're going for our one month checkup!

No comments:

Post a Comment